Terms & Conditions of Contract
Photography sessions with Stephanie Bryan last 1-2 hours.
The session is all-inclusive which means the session fee + the product is priced as one. The cost is $850.00. Client will receive a gallery of a minimum of 40 images, 4 weeks after session takes place. The digital images will be available via an online gallery.
A $250 non-refundable retainer fee is due to secure the session. The remainder is due one week prior to session. Cancellations after final payment is made are not subject to a refund. Cancellations made before final payment will not have the retainer fee refunded.
All payments are non-refundable. If an emergency arises and the client needs to cancel, the deposit is transferable to another date within 3 months of the original date.
Images are not to be edited or altered in any manner by any person or company other than Stephanie Bryan. That includes Instagram filters or any app or program that provides edits and filters to images. The print release that comes along with the digital files is for personal use only. The images can not be used for competition or editorial purposes. They are able to be used on the client's website to advertise for services.
All credit for photographs must be given to Stephanie Bryan Photography on social media and website. Clients must either caption the photo being used on any platform with "Stephanie Bryan Photography" (and link to her business page or personal page) or place a link to "www.stephaniebryanphoto.com in the caption." The copyright and original files remain the sole property of Stephanie Bryan.
Stephanie may capture many images during the client's session, but the client will see only those images selected by her for previewing. Basic and necessary edits will be performed at the discretion of the photographer. Any requests above what is presented in the online viewing gallery will be billed at $50/hour, one hour is minimum and required. This may include things such as extensive blemish or scar removal, head swapping, body-slimming, etc. Stephanie Bryan believes in showing the best version of the client but still being true to who they are, "flaws" and all.
Factors for discussion:
1.) sun flare / haze /shadows - It is the client's responsibility to view Stephanie Bryan's body of work & understand her future sessions will fall in line with past session's artistic style. She often shoots with the aforementioned former elements in her images. They are a reflection of both her style and brand and are not components that can be removed.
2. soft focus/"film look." There are differences in the way Stephanie (or other film photographers) shoots vs. a digital photographer & what product she delivers. Stephanie views her photography as art & does her best to evoke emotion through the images she makes. While in-focus images are a priority & always delivered, they're freely mixed with others that may not be tack-sharp. This is intentional and is part of Stephanie Bryan's style.
If the client is more than 45 minutes late to the session time agreed-upon, the client forfeits the retainer and it becomes nonrefundable and nontransferable at that time.
It is the parent's responsibility to have met their child's needs and bring them rested, with full bellies to the session.
Client understands the style of Stephanie Bryan and has hired her for her artistic expression and discretion. Stephanie will photograph children as they are, with an effort to bring out their best and happiest side. However, in the event that the subjects are uncooperative or unwilling to act as parents wish them to, Stephanie will still photograph in a more natural, lifestyle direction. Session fees are not dependent on children's ever-changing moods, as Stephanie wholeheartedly believes in documenting children in every situation. She will photograph the client as they are & work around non-compliance as much as possible.
1. PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION ORDER:: This signed contract constitutes an order for photography in the form of high-resolution digital images and/or prints. There are no oral or other agreements of the parties hereto, and this contract constitutes full and complete understanding and agreement between the Client and Photographer.
2. LOCATION COST & FEES: If there are any costs/fees associated with the location the client has chosen for their session, you, the client, will be responsible for those fees. The photographer will not guarantee or arrange payment on any location. Creative fee covers travel within 50 miles of Raleigh, NC (27614). Any location outside of these limits will be subject to an additional charge of $0.50/mile as part of the agreement.
3. LIMIT OF LIABILITY:: Although care will be taken with all film rolls, the Photographer limits any liability for loss, damage, or failure to deliver photographs for any reason of photographer's non-performance caused by any force or similar circumstances, illness, accident, weather, lost mail or any cause beyond their control. In any event, the limit of Photographer's liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein.
4. EXCLUSIVE PHOTOGRAPHER:: It is understood that no other photographer, amateur or professional, shall be allowed to photograph at the session near the Photographer while she is working due to reasons of the photographer delivering the quality of images as expected. Any breach of this agreement (including iPhone photography) can constitute a reason for non-completion of the job with no liability to the Photographer.
5. OWNERSHIP OF FILES: It is agreed that dual ownership of the purchased digital files will be maintained by the Client and the Photographer. Upon delivery of the digital files to Client's physical control, the client shall gain personal non-commercial rights to the purchased images. It is also agreed that the Photographer will have full rights to use all images for advertising purposes. The Photographer does NOT guarantee archival of the digital files past a period of six months after the session/event date and will not be held responsible if loss occurs as per section 1.
6. DISPLAY OR PROMOTION:: It is agreed that the Photographer may display and use photographs from session/event for web site and internet promotion, and any other non-commercial purposes thought proper by the Photographer.
7. GUARANTEED DELIVERY:: Photographer agrees to have a proofing gallery complete within four weeks of the photo session date.
9. EMPLOYMENT: This contract is not to be construed as an employment agreement in any way. The Photographer functions as an independent contractor.
Clicking "Agree" at the bottom of this form indicates your agreement with this contract.